The Greenbrier Companies, Inc. Project Engineer in St. Charles, Missouri
Conduct engineering activities for projects in their product line from estimate to order to delivery. This position requires the ability to perform independent research into new applications or improved techniques of design or manufacturing. This position also requires a thorough knowledge of regulatory requirements as they impinge on the product design, manufacture, and utilization by the end customer. This position reports to the Manager Product Engineering.
- Analyze customer specifications to determine if Greenbrier can design and manufacture a product to meet those requirements.
- Prepare estimate documents such as car specifications, alternates, manpower estimates.
- Meet with customers to define product requirements and to describe our product features.
- Work closely with customers to determine their product requirements, improve reliability, product loading or unloading, handling, etc.
- Research material and commodity compatibility.
- Compile engineering data and conduct analyses to resolve problems in manufacturing, material behavior, service life usage.
- Work closely with manufacturing personnel to reduce scrap, labor inefficiency, improve process yield, etc. Utilize Lean and design for cost reduction techniques. Recommend design changes to improve quality, performance and reduce manufacturing costs.
- Utilize CAD to develop models and drawing package required to fabricate the parts and assemble them into a completed product.
- Guide the work of designers as required to complete the drawing package.
- Be knowledgeable of the AAR and FRA regulatory requirements that impact the design of the product.
- Work closely with suppliers to approve their product's application to our design.
- Be knowledgeable of the quality assurance plan requirements as it pertains to engineering.
Education / Experience:
A Bachelor in engineering plus 3-years relevant experience or 10 years equivalent experience.
Company Greenbrier Central
Functional Group Engineering